Furnaces are an essential part of your home’s comfort and energy. If you have an older furnace, it will eventually stop working and will need to be replaced. Replacing an older furnace can reduce your energy bill and make your home more snug.
We install a variety of types of furnaces:
- Gas furnaces
- Electric furnaces
- Propane furnaces
- Air Source Heat pump systems
- Ground Source Heat pump systems
WHY DO I NEED TO REPLACE MY FURNACE?
An older furnace may only be working at 75% efficiency. In other words, 25% of the fuel you’re paying for is wasted, because it’s not being converted to heat for your living space.
Hot air produced by your furnace is distributed throughout your home by a ductwork system. If your ductwork is cold or leaky, your furnace will be unable to perform efficiently. Leaky or cold ductwork can reduce furnace efficiency by 20% or more. It’s important to seal your ductwork system and insulate ducts in attics, basements, and crawl spaces.
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT FURNACE IS RIGHT FOR MY HOME?
- Natural gas, propane & oil are the most common
- Furnace size is usually given in BTU output, which measures heating capacity.
- Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) denotes furnace efficiency.
- A sealed combustion furnace, aka. a high-efficiency furnace, requires no chimney and no indoor air for combustion. Outside air is brought in to provide oxygen for combustion and a fan blows flue gas outside.
We’d love to talk to you to figure out which furnace would be a good choice for your home. Finding ways to be more energy efficient is part of our mission at Snug Planet. Contact us today to set up an appointment!